Thursday, February 22, 2007

Coming Up for Air

It's been a hard few weeks, but I'm still here. I'm working on some things, and it's not easy, but in the last few days I've had the beginning of that feeling again. That feeling that something is changing, for the better, maybe. That "I can do this, I can make decisions and be good at something and matter" feeling. So, I say more of that and less of this feeling invisible and insignificant and like a giant dork who's afraid all the time feeling. It's hard to tell myself that every day and I'm still a little bit scared, but I'm not giving up. Nope. Not giving up.

You know what helped? What gave me the little nudge I needed today when I was debating whether or not to speak my mind on something that was important to me? What made me say to myself, "if you don't fight for this thing, this thing that you think other people think is minor, but you think is of some importance, you might not fight for the things that are super important to you ever again" ? This: "When you know your worth, you'll know who's worthy of you." Good stuff, right? A coworker's wife said that to him and he said it to me and now I'm telling you. It's the best thing I've heard in a while. Pass it on.

No comments: