Monday, April 30, 2007

Testing the Waters

Well, I finally dipped a toe in the water. I submitted a poem for a contest last week. It's not a huge deal, I just thought I would send one of my poems to poetry.com for their monthly constest. It was pretty simple, actually. I found an old poem that fit the line limit (Blue & Red), cut and pasted, filled out my personal info and hit return. I have no expectation of winning, I just thought it was a good idea to send something in to a contest. I can't believe I've never done that before. I've sent stuff in for my high school literary magazine and the college newspaper, but this is the first time I've sent anything in to a contest with a cash prize. We'll see what happens. You don't know if you don't try, right? Right.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you.

Love,

M

Anonymous said...

That's one of my favorite poems, and one of the 1st I read by you. I'll be looking for updates!! Love Laura

Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC!!!!!

Cat

Anonymous said...

You go! Get your girl on!!!!
Love you...to the moon & back!

ali parmelee said...

I think you should post said poem so that others not in the know may become in the know and enjoy too!

Anonymous said...

NONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!! BAAAAAAAD! Poetry.com is a scammer site! If they send you an email asking for money, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT send the money!!

For more information, click the link.
http://www.eliteskills.com/writing_scams/index.php