Monday, February 09, 2009

First and Last

I've probably mentioned this before, but I wrote a book about ten years ago (OK, more like going on twelve years). It's twenty-six poems, that I wrote in no particular order. Somehow when I put them all together, they made sense. They tell the story of who I was and who I loved at that time in my life. Now that I'm writing again, and I'm more serious about the writing, I'm wondering if it's time to do something with these. Take a look and let me know what you think. Thanks.
Here's the opener:
A
Ambitious
Brunette seeks
Caring,
Devoted,
Exuberant
Foreigner to
Give
Her
Insight and
Joy. Must have
Killer smile,
Legs of steel and good
Manners.
No
Opportunists
Please.
Questions
Regarding
Sexual appetite
To be asked later.
Until our
Very anticipated
Walk through an
X-rated garden,
Your face
Zooms in my memory.
3.26.97

And the closer:


Z
Zinc
Arrives at the
Back of my throat,
Closing it
Directly.
Every bit of
Flesh
Gooses.
How
Is it possible?
Jellyfish for hands. Where
Knees once
Lived,
Marshmallows
Now
Own the
Place.
Quite
Remarkable this
Spell. And
To have kept me
Under, you must be
Well
Versed in the
X-otic language of
Yes.
4.10.97

No comments: