Sunday, February 19, 2006

Sweep!

Ok, I don't know why, but I have been completely sucked in by Olympic curling. Is it because it's on all the time (or seemingly all the time)? Is it because of the screaming (WHOA! SWEEP! GO! WHOA!)? Is it because the first time I saw it was last week in a Montreal hotel room and now I've somehow been converted by that cold, crisp, Canadian air into someone who wants to watch sports involving ice? Is it because it combines the best of elements of bowling (throwing something heavy, wearing fancy shoes, sporting the latest in team fashions) with the best elements of shuffleboard, croquet and bocci (skillfully knocking someone else's shit out of your way for no reason other than it is someone else's shit and it is in your way)? Mike and I were actually online last night looking up the rules! For real. Funny thing though...the more I talk to people about it, the more I hear the words "Ohmigod! ME TOO!" Keep on sweeping, Team USA!
http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/torino2006/curling

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You & my husband...GEEKS! "Swept away" by what your Godaughter calls "Extreme Sweeping" @@<~~~rolling my chinito eyes.
Ia