Sunday, January 14, 2007

Shaking out the Dust

I was just going through some old poems and thinking about who I was when I wrote them. Some of the poems are 15 years old. I find that I have to step outside of myself a little bit in order to be able to look at them objectively. You would think that 10-15 years is enough distance, but depending on the poem, it isn't. It's weird. I haven't looked at them in so long, it is like someone else wrote them. And some of them are good, I think. Interesting. I'll be posting them from time to time, along with some new ones (if I write any new ones, that is). Feel free to throw the feed back my way. I need to know if I'm on the right track here, so bring on the comments. Thanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be looking for them. Believe it or not, we do change as time goes by - at least I think so. Love Laura