Saturday, January 13, 2007

Something New: Draft

Jotted this one down while sitting in a bar, end of December 06. It's in the same style as my book. It's not bad, but it's not great. Just a start.

Alphabet. The
Beginning of everything. But I
Can't seem to begin. It's
Definitely not as
Easy as it used to be.
Frustrated...
Grasping at words. The
Harmony won't flow.
I'm stuck.
Just
Killing time here. It's been a
Long time since I
Made something work that wasn't
Nonsense. The task seems
Omnious now. Far from
Perfect, I'll
Question every
Rhyme, every
Syllable.
Trying to be
Unique, but the
Very thought of
Writing...insert
X-pletive here. It's been
Years and maybe the
Zing is gone.

DCA 12/27/06

3 comments:

Catherine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Catherine said...

The Zing is definitely not gone. I look forward to seeing how it has matured.

Anonymous said...

Holey Moley - not sure I spelled that write. You just jotted this down!!??

I think it's fantastic, and love, love, love it!! More, more, more - you know I'm greedy for words!!

No pressure of course - Love Laura