Sunday, April 20, 2008

Better Than Your Town

Every once in a while I have a day or a series of days that reminds me why I love living in New Haven. This weekend was absolutely one of those times. Here's why:

I live one block away from this amazing sight:
















Hughes Street in Wooster Square is lined with cherry blossom trees they are totally freaking gorgeous. Today was the Cherry Blossom Festival in town and it was so great. There was live music from the Neighborhood Music School, little old ladies selling cookies and cupcakes, an Italian ice truck, and lots of people out with their families enjoying the beautiful weather and the trees. Here's a closer look at the blossoms:
















I spent hours park walking around the park and catching up with neighbors and friends that I hadn't seen in ages. It was so good to be out doing something low key and fun instead of sitting at home watching cable. It was the perfect way to cap off what might be the best weekend I've had (on my own) in a while. Yay Spring!

No comments: