Sunday, July 06, 2014

Feeling it.

Activation

There is a rhythm
a beat making me believe
this is the way
Still right
to write
the things bubbling under my skin
making me tingle
feeling the goosebumps
without the chill
without the fear
A hand guiding me
stroking my shoulder
Embracing who I was always supposed to be
pushing
reassuring
arousing
It comes at night
stays until
1 2 3 am
excitement
uncertainty
knowing
The opposite
of my quiet epiphany
at 29
At 42
I am
stiffening sinews
summoning up blood
I am
a greyhound in the slip
straining against the start*
let’s go

*From Shakespeare’s Henry V

4 comments:

Elizabeth Hilts said...

Fantastic.

Kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kate said...

Yass gurl!

Michael Hrycelak said...

Yes. Excited to see where the journey takes you.